PF resist, DF assist, no dorsal wrap
- Patients with mild excess DF but good foot position
- Custom fabricated (from cast)
- Fully integrated padding
- Defined plantar surface contours
- Mild spring action - of proximal posterior provides more consistent toe pick-up
- Posterior upright - assists ankle position swing phase
- For patients who exhibit weak dorsiflexion but have adequate foot position.
- For patients who show fair to poor control, especially in swing phase.
- For patients who lack consistency in foot and ankle control due to weakness or poor proprioception (not because of high tone).
- For patients who desire minimum possible AFO for assistance rather than wraparound control and can function fairly well with no external support.
- For patients who have fairly good foot alignment when corrected.