DF block, PF block
- Excess Dorsiflexion/Crouching: Strong
- Custom fabricated (from cast)
- Defined plantar surface contours
- Extremely durable brace - for larger patients
- Full wraparound inner shell - for of foot position and alignment
- Stiff posterior of outer frame - provides strength and stability, blocking plantarflexion and dorsiflexion
- Presents with moderate to strong excess dorsiflexion/crouching caused by weakness (rather than high tone contractures).
- Crouched stance can be improved by manually extending the knee.
- Have sufficient hip, knee, and ankle range to allow correction to the targeted position.
- Weight and size due to maturity have exceeded the patient's strength; ambulation is decreasing.